Eeeeee!!!! Yes I did!
You’re definitely going to want to earmark this article for workout inspiration!
As a writer, this is a huge privilege and accomplishment. And let me tell you, I was totally fitness fan-girling at some of the people I got in contact with. Autumn Calabrese!!! Karena & Katrina!!! Lauren Gleisberg!!! If you’re a fitness nut, these are some of the celebrities in our world! I got well over 100 replies and selected only the best ones. And I tried to get a good variety in there as well.
I asked fitness entrepreneurs (the ones who live, breathe and eat fitness) how they would work out if they only had 30 minutes. Because if this is how they do it, then you know it must be effective!
This process completely validated the premise of my very own FlashFit workouts that I’ve been designing myself. Total-body strength training and cardio built into one 30 minute workout.
We can learn so much from some of the overarching themes I found:
- Do cardio intervals in between strength moves to increase calorie burn.
- OR shorten rest periods and move quickly from one move to the next (circuits).
- Target your biggest muscle groups as they’ll give you the most afterburn.
- Compound moves give you the most bang for your buck.
- Intervals are bomb.
- 30 minutes is more than enough time to work out every day.
So basically, to build a workout that’s the best use of your time, do one compound move followed by one minute of cardio until you reach 30 minutes. This will scorch the most fat and lean you out in the shortest time.
What do you do when you only have 30 minutes to work out?